Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May!

It's May!!!

May is my favorite month for many reasons:
1. Its my birthday!
2. Its generally warm and after surviving my first full winter in Ohio since Georgia, I deserve the warm weather
3. School is almost over - I guess this should only be good for people in school but I'm looking forward to Nicholas being home
4. Its mother's day - not as exciting this year since it's my birthday too

I picked up lots of hours this week, I will have 50 after my 12 tomorrow. I have am still under the assumption that people are stupid. I find this is especially true when I am in triage. Here are a few examples:

- A woman told me she had a tubal litigation (so far that is only funny to health care workers)
- I had a patient and her husband stare blankly at me when I asked a question, we were the only ones in the room during triage. Then I ask again and the husband says "oh were you talking to me" (wtf!!!)
- Since when is a tubal ligation or a hysterectomy not a part of your medical history?
"Do you have any history of medical problems or surgeries"
"No"
"Any chance you are pregnant"
"I had a tubal" (really thats not a surgery)
or
"When was your last period"
"I had a hysterectomy" (this happens more than it should)
-or you ask about history and they tell you today's symptoms "nausea/vomiting" (seriously)

Lastly I wanted to tell you I hate the swine flu!
I am so sick of asking people if they have travelled out of ohio recently and then we have to mask up everyone! I hope you all are having more fun in ga!

1 comment:

  1. A-pork-alypse hasn't hit here. I haven't worked in awhile so I don't care. I'm sure though that when i do work, I will feel creepy all day. I love my job! xoxoxo It will be a good Mother's day... :)

    ReplyDelete